This online Google Analytics training course is designed for anyone looking to review their Google Analytics activity and take it to an advanced level. Full guidance is offered on key foundational elements, before moving on to advanced tools and techniques to deliver the highest levels of actionable insight.
Take these learning outputs away with you:
- Web analytics insight
Understand why you should use Google Analytics to measure business performance
- Google Analytics strategy
Build a winning strategy and configure your framework for success
- Audience analytics
Find out who's visiting your site, visualize their journey and benchmark against competitors, plus accurately report conversions
How it works
Live, trainer-led class
Join a program of live classes that emulate a classroom experience and overcome the hurdles often experienced with pre-recorded videos, webinars & quizzes.
Interactive group exercises
Each live class will include an opportunity to take part in group exercises with fellow course participants.
Take advantage of personal one-to-one time with the course trainer and establish clear steps to improve your work.
This Google Analytics immersive online course assumes a basic level of understanding but provides a robust grounding in what Google Analytics can offer as well as providing you with everything you need to get up and running. It will develop your Google Analytics strategy, provide a complete overview and best-practice setup guide plus reveal how to optimize your account.
The course also provides a thorough tour of the many reports offered before embarking in the second half to take a look at more advanced techniques and tools for measuring performance, from conversion reporting and attribution modeling to segmentation and remarketing. There’s even a section to help you troubleshoot misfiring GA implementations.
- Benefits to your business: Discover how web analytics provides new business opportunities
- What’s new and updated: Make sure you’re up to speed with the latest trends and statistics in web analytics
- Integrating analytics: Make sure web analytics sits at the heart of your marketing strategies
- Develop a clear plan: Full guidance on building a coherent measurement framework, including choosing objectives, KPIs, segments and targets
- Choose what to track: Best-practice tips for picking metrics that track the information you need to know
- Overview: Find out the latest interface updates alongside an overview of how GA works, including full run-through of features
- Target your data: Understand which questions you need to be asking
- Online resources: Comprehensive breakdown of GA web tutorials and help
- Account setup: Including user management, permissions and organizing properties
- GA versus Universal Analytics: The difference between using cookies and tracking codes, plus how to set up your account with UA
- The Google product family: How to link to other Google products including AdSense, Search Console and AdWords
- Data filters: Determine the possibilities (and pitfalls) when filtering data
- Get up-to-speed: Knowledge to upgrade to Google Analytics 4
- Gain a full grasp: A solid foundation to apply the tools in Universal Analytics to Google Analytics 4
- Connect the dots: Gain the skills to integrate Universal Analytics data with Google Analytics 4 data
- Incisive Insight: How to interpret Google Analytics 4 data to make relevant business decisions
- Migration: Best practices for migrating over to Google Analytics 4 from Universal Analytics
- Reports breakdown: Detailed overview of reports detailing traffic sources, from mobile to visitor demographics, technology to behavior
- Filter data: How to set up hostname- and location-based filters
- Advanced features: Additional reports (recency, frequency, interests and engagement), how to perform competitive benchmarks and make use of User Flow charts to visualize the customer’s journey
- Basics explained: Users, pageviews and sessions explained, plus why unique page views is the best indication of page popularity
- Metrics revealed: Find out what bounce rates and conversions can tell you about your campaigns, plus how channels, campaigns, sources and mediums work
- Reports: Key reports explained, including social, AdWords and referral. Find out which platforms your visitors come from with the Social Users Flow report.
- Campaign reporting: Best-practice guidance to managing campaigns, including step-through with Campaign URL Builder
- Channels reports: Complete overview of this powerful set of reports
- Overview reports: Run-through of reports, including All Pages
- Identify underperforming pages: Analyze pages where visitors arrive and leave your site
- Fix slow loading issues: Locate with site speed reports and find out how to resolve
- PII overview: The risks of tracking Personally Identifiable Information
- Site speed reports: Troubleshoot slow pages and take steps to rectify
- Advanced features: How to handle Personally Identifiable Information with care; monitor events through customized tracking; group related pages to report on them together; master the Site search report
- Fundamental concepts: How to make full use of goals, from viewing and setting them up to tracking and reporting
- Choose your Funnel report: Guidance on selecting either Glow Flow or Funnel Visualization reports
- Improve conversion rates: Optimize your rates through understanding the key options available in Google Analytics
- Advanced features: Track multiple visits leading to a single conversion; view available attribution models; make use of Assisted Conversions to locate under-credited channels
- Custom metrics and dimensions: In-depth advice on using these to customize your own reports
- Custom tracking fundamentals: Learn when to pick virtual page views in preference to events
- Get the information you need: Best-practice guidance on reporting principles
- Choose the right metrics: Build a measurement framework with the best KPIs and data analysis tips
- Share your findings: The best way to share data, including email, Excel or KPI dashboard
- Segmentations: Learn all about segments, including their importance and the ones you should be using
- Understand segments: What they are, why they’re important and which ones you should use
- Custom segments: Create your own or find other people’s, plus learn about sequence segments
- Remarketing: How it works and how to use segments to target specific users
- Craft the perfect report: Best-practice guidance to build your own custom reports with complementary metrics and dimensions
- Generate reports automatically: How to set up automated reporting to your precise demands
- Third-party apps: The best dashboard tools and apps to help make reporting easier
- Where to look for problems: From account misconfiguration to tracking code problems and more
- What to look for: Key symptoms such as spam referrals and bounce rate drops
- Helpful tools: Built-in and third-party tools to help spot and fix problems
- Overview: What a tag manager is and how to manage your Google Analytics tags
- Linking Google Tag Manager to GA: Configure tags and triggers using Google Tag Manager
- Track PDF downloads: Complete step-by-step guide to tracking clicks
- Complete overview: What it is, and how to link it to GA and create, edit and distribute reports
- Get ahead of the curve: Overview of the latest updates as well as likely future changes to Google Analytics
- More resources: Links to apps and further sources of help and support
Request a detailed syllabusRequest syllabus
Take a look at the next dates coming up:
The course is split over four 2.5 hour sessions – held on Tuesdays and Thursdays – running over two weeks.
We put a lot of attention into our post training support, ensuring you have access to the materials and expert guidance you need to put your learnings into practice:
Lydian Stone Certification
Upon successful completion of your course you will receive a certificate of attendance.
Full access to training materials
Sent straight away to you: Slide decks are shared with all attendees 24-hours after a training session, with full access to training content and course notes.
Just get in touch: Lydian Stone’s specialists are on hand following the course to help with any questions or challenges you might have.
An average course rating of 9 out of 10 from Fortune 500 companies.
9/10 Trainer score
Our expert trainers score 9.2 out of 10 on average in feedback from course attendees.
92% of past attendees would recommend Lydian Stone.
Nothing beats a traditional classroom environment to fully engage with a topic and learn from an expert course trainer.
Learn from our skilled trainers, with hands-on experience from the front-line.
Social Media Marketing Immersive
Google Analytics Immersive
Digital Product Management
User Experience Design & Testing
Digital Marketing & Coronavirus: Strategies to Protect & Overcome
Digital Product Management Intensive
Google Analytics Intensive
LinkedIn Recruitment Intensive
Social Media Marketing Intensive
Social Media Recruitment Intensive
User Experience Design & Testing Intensive
Luke Hay is a UK-based UX and Analytics Consultant and trainer who’s been working with websites since the 1990s.He prides himself on taking a user-centric, analytical approach to design, development and optimisation of websites and apps. Luke has been running a variety of training sessions for companies and agencies of all types and sizes since 2012. He also runs workshops and training for a range of different groups and clients. Luke is the author of Researching UX: Analytics, a book about taking an 'analytics first' approach to UX projects.
A social media marketing specialist and a people’s person by nature, Irma Karsten has over 20 years of work experience behind her. She is currently a digital strategist and digital marketing and social media trainer. In this role, she serves as an avid trainer and facilitator for all things digital and marketing related. Irma is passionate about training individuals and facilitating courses – from entry level right through to advanced level – on all social media platforms and across all industries. She specialises in marketing strategy, social media marketing, digital marketing foundation courses (e.g. Google and email marketing) as well as CRM and sales training. Her courses are informative and with her sense of humour added into the mix while she presents, it is no wonder that entrepreneurs, marketing managers and executives have all attended Irma’s training sessions.
Keisha is an accomplished digital marketing and CRM specialist with over 20 years’ experience gained from working on several well-loved brands across multiple industries. Her specialties are consumer journey mapping, data led digital marketing and CRM strategy and insight driven reporting. She values the power of relationships and results driven work. She knows her steak tarter from her tartar sauce, as a bit of a foodie, and loves cats (who doesnt?) but isn't a crazy cat lady (not yet anyway).
CEO & Founder of Lydian StoneGraham has 17-years experience in digital marketing, working with organisations large & small, across the full spectrum of industry sectors. Graham leads the training faculty at Lydian Stone, in addition to the teams creating & maintaining course content. He's our most senior representative at the company, and has a top-level view on digital strategy that's invaluable for offering insight and advice on your projects.
Alex has been training businesses and marketers since 2011 for Constant Contact, SCORE, Microsoft and more. He has trained over 6000 people so far. Alex takes his drive for digital marketing to the classroom where he continues to help businesses grow.
Sonja Crystal Williams
Sonja is the Co-Founder and Director of Marketing of a digital marketing firm, a role she has held since 2008. She helps Atlanta’s business community develop integrated marketing and social media campaign strategies that provide real results.
Rupert is the managing consultant of his own digital marketing business. A keen focus on the customer experience, he has built up a wide range of experience in User Experience and Information Architecture, SEO, web analytics and email marketing. Since 2015, Rupert has proven to deliver outstanding Lydian Stone’s workshops across the UK and has worked with the team as content editor.
Have some questions for us? Take a look at some of those that we are most typically asked, along with our responses. We'd love to hear from you if there is anything else we can help with.
Will I receive any certification after completing the course?
A certificate as proof of your attendance on the course is available on request.
How can I pay?
We accept payment via Credit Card, Debit Card, BACS, Cheque or Invoice.
Will the same trainer be leading each class?
Yes, the same trainer will run each of the classes related to this online course.
When will I receive my log-in details?
You will receive full log-in details and clear step-by-step instructions to join the Online Learning course seven days prior to the first class.
Do I need to share my video during a class?
You will be able to see your trainer via a video stream, together with most other delegates joining you on the class. However, it is completely up to you as to whether you share your own video.
What equipment do I require?
A laptop with browsing capabilities; a webcam and microphone to participate in group exercises.
Tuesdays + Thursdays/ 11:00 IET - 13:30 IET
4 classes in total / 2 weeks of instructor-led learning
Buy with Confidence
7 day 'cooling-off' period on all purchases
SSL Encryption ensures your details are safe.
Trusted & Proven
"Excellent" by our 15,000+ customers.
Get the full course syllabus
Reasons to train with Lydian Stone
Up-to-date course syllabus
Our curriculum is created by a team of industry experts and kept constantly up-to- date in line with developments.
Our training faculty consists of first-rate digital experts, with first-hand experience working at the front-line.
A rich base of experience
Lydian Stone has trained over 15,000 business professionals, from large corporates to small businesses and start-ups.