This intensive online UX course provides a solid foundation in user experience design and testing, from first principles to analysis and insight. You’ll learn practical techniques as well as the theory behind them, preparing you to reap the rewards of a well-designed user experience in your web and digital projects.
Take these learning outputs away with you:
- Master user-centered design
Learn proven processes & systems to build a strong user focus into your projects
- Understand user behavior
Get to grips with best practice in-depth user research techniques vital for success
- Create intuitive information architecture
Design elegant, robust website & page structures to fit your audience’s behavior
How it works
Live, trainer-led class
Join a program of live classes that emulate a classroom experience and overcome the hurdles often experienced with pre-recorded videos, webinars & quizzes.
Interactive group exercises
Each live class will include an opportunity to take part in group exercises with fellow course participants.
Take advantage of personal one-to-one time with the course trainer and establish clear steps to improve your work.
Any successful website is designed with the user firmly in mind, and UX principles have delivered tangible and measurable benefits to increasing ROI. This fledgling discipline is rapidly evolving as new tools and techniques are developed to deliver the insights offered by measurable data.
This online course opens with a complete grounding in the principles surrounding both UX and user-centered design, covering both desktop and mobile platforms. The latest industry insights and trends are covered extensively, along with testing your UX designs, backed up by real-world examples and practical exercises.
You’ll also gain the skills required to build your own pages and sites based around your users’ needs and predicted behavior, with trusted frameworks and systems to help you at every stage of the process, from initial thoughts to finished designs.
You’ll end the class with proven skills in developing your own UX-centered design strategy along with best-practice techniques in testing user experience to iron out problems and further delight your users. Book now to ensure you don’t miss out on this opportunity to make your digital projects more successful.
- The case for UX: Discover the many advantages to implementing good user experience
- UX fundamentals: Key terms and ideas explained
- Information Architecture strategy: Make sure your web content is structured and presented efficiently
- Managing UX projects: Best-practice systems and processes to follow
- UCD design: Expert advice to put the user at the heart of your project
- Best-practice user research: Use proven methods to observe, gather feedback and analyze tasks
- Desktop behaviors: Discover how desktop device users typically behave
- Attention tracking: Identify what parts of your content are getting noticed or being ignored
- Will they scroll? Determine if your audience are happy to scroll to access your content
- Best-practice CTA: Expert guidance to placing Calls to Action as well as reviewing their effectiveness and visibility
- Mobile behaviors: Track how users currently use their mobiles
- The importance of user research: How success requires detailed insight into user expectations
- Best-practice techniques: How to effectively observe and perform task analysis as part of user research
- In-depth user research: Discover how to prepare for and implement interviews and focus groups
- Card-sort walkthrough: A complete guide to process from planning through execution
- UX personas: Straightforward, trusted ways to develop and use personas in your projects
- Communicate customer needs: The art of developing user stories to make stakeholders aware of customer needs
- Customer Journey map: Best-practice guidance to making advertising decisions through customer targeting
- Creation and production: Step-through of communicating context, interactions and user flows through storyboards
- Align with business targets: Keeping the focus on your overarching goals
- Checklist for simplicity: Ways to keep the user experience clear and straightforward
- Common elements: Implement common design patterns to work productively
- Accessibility: Principles of inclusive UX to help those with cognitive or physical issues
- The psychology of color: How to direct and prompt user action through color
- Visual logic: Give users the design tools to understand your user interface easily
- Copy made scannable: Best-practice techniques to help structure and create online content
- Aesthetics: The benefits of beautiful UX
- Calls to action: Improve conversions with this best-practice checklist
- Keeping users informed: How to feed back the results of on-page actions to the user
- Fundamentals: Information architecture defined, plus key terminology and components explained
- Triangular information architecture: How users, goals and contexts play key roles in IA
- Planning IA: Make use of user scenarios to prepare your information architecture
- The symbiosis of IA and UX: How user experience influences IA, and vice versa
- Seeking-information behavior: Understand the latest ways in which users search for or request information
- Key elements: Full step-through of how structures, schemes and navigation elements work and interact
- Sequences, Hierarchies, Webs explained: Key structural options explained
- Embedded and Supplemental Navigation: These key navigation choices explained in detail
- Site maps: Build a site map with expert guidance
- Wireframe production and methods: How to build a sketch, lo-fi or hi-fi wireframe for testing hypotheses and to anticipate possible issues
- Paper prototypes: How they’re different from wireframes, plus best-practice guidance to building your own
- Key concepts: Labeling’s role in IA, plus tips and techniques to avoid problems when creating your own scheme
- Site language: Adapt your site’s vocabulary to fit your users
- Information trails: Proven techniques for using information to create clear paths
- Detailed labeling: How to make your labeling scheme more granular
- Visual distinctiveness: How to improve your IA by increasing visual uniqueness
- Core principles: Key values behind visual design
- Color psychology: How to pick colors factoring in such elements as color association, branding and color blindness
- Accessibility: Why it’s crucial and best-practice guidance on providing an accessible product
- Writing tips: Proven techniques to generating copy that’s both web-friendly and full of compelling CTAs
- Essential tips: Proven – and detailed – tips for using UX to improve all aspects of your website, from the homepage and landing pages to products, FAQs and navigation
- Optimize site search: How to use on-site search to help reduce your user’s journey
- Improve form completion rates: Expert advice to lift completion and data quality through better use of UX
- Boost conversions: How UX can help improve checkout and cut shopping cart abandonment rates
- Touchscreen considerations: Guidelines, best-practice guidance and tips for improving touchscreen usability (including gesture interface design and portrait/landscape considerations) while also designing for non-touchscreen users
- Optimize download speeds: Discover how user behavior is affected by speed, and how improving it can boost ROI
- Navigation: How to create a simple structure, plus detailed look at options for where to place mobile navigatio
- Menus: Proven tips for selecting the most effective menu design from multiple choices (grids, lists, carousels, slideshows and more)
- Columns: Improve mobile UX by adapting to single-column layouts
- Built-in advantages: Leverage features integrated into mobile devices
- Content priorities: Learn how to choose which content to emphasize (or hide) in your mobile design
- Copywriting for mobile: Adapt or write copy to improve readability on mobile and boost conversions
- Reduce text input: Make your users’ lives easier with auto-fill, input controls and validation
- Accessibility checklist: Make sure your sites and apps are accessible-friendly
- Multi-platform design: Make sure all your users’ needs are met by learning how to design across multiple platforms and devices – includes detailed look at device-level requirements across common devices
- Adaptive versus responsive: Discover the differences between the two major design approaches for tablet and mobile
- New technologies: Detailed breakdown of emerging interfaces – the Internet of Things (IoT) and voice control – plus design considerations
- Selling UX: How to promote strong UX to your organization
- Shift to UX-first: Proven techniques to help with the organizational shift
Request a detailed syllabusRequest syllabus
Take a look at the next dates coming up:
The course is split over four 2.5 hour sessions – held on Tuesdays and Thursdays – running over two weeks.
We put a lot of attention into our post training support, ensuring you have access to the materials and expert guidance you need to put your learnings into practice:
Lydian Stone Certification
Upon successful completion of your course you will receive a certificate of attendance.
Full access to training materials
Sent straight away to you: Slide decks are shared with all attendees 24-hours after a training session, with full access to training content and course notes.
Just get in touch: Lydian Stone’s specialists are on hand following the course to help with any questions or challenges you might have.
An average course rating of 9 out of 10 from Fortune 500 companies.
9/10 Trainer score
Our expert trainers score 9.2 out of 10 on average in feedback from course attendees.
92% of past attendees would recommend Lydian Stone.
Nothing beats a traditional classroom environment to fully engage with a topic and learn from an expert course trainer.
Learn from our skilled trainers, with hands-on experience from the front-line.
Social Media Marketing Immersive
Google Analytics Immersive
Digital Product Management
User Experience Design & Testing
Digital Marketing & Coronavirus: Strategies to Protect & Overcome
Digital Product Management Intensive
Google Analytics Intensive
LinkedIn Recruitment Intensive
Social Media Marketing Intensive
Social Media Recruitment Intensive
User Experience Design & Testing Intensive
Zeltonique is an experienced product & UX designer, with experience working with a large selection of well-known brands and startups. Zeltonique specializes in helping companies articulate their product offering and package in a way that makes clear sense online. A master of user journeys and work flows. Zeltonique is fantastic at distilling the latest product management & user experience know-how in concise, practical terms.
Tim has worked in user-based design for the last 23 years. He’s watched it emerge and evolve from Usability into today’s UX. Working with teams from London to Sydney, he’s built successful UX-driven websites, apps, and multimedia for clients including Diesel Clothing, EA Sports, Jameson Whiskey, Mercedes Benz, The Nature Conservancy, Nissan, South African Airways, and Virgin Mobile Australia. Currently, he splits his time between South Africa, Kenya, and Zanzibar, helping clients in the UK, Europe, and Africa define, refine, and tell their stories with thoughtful UX, UI Design, and writing.
CEO & Founder of Lydian StoneGraham has 17-years experience in digital marketing, working with organisations large & small, across the full spectrum of industry sectors. Graham leads the training faculty at Lydian Stone, in addition to the teams creating & maintaining course content. He's our most senior representative at the company, and has a top-level view on digital strategy that's invaluable for offering insight and advice on your projects.
Angela has over 11 years of experience helping individuals and businesses to create human-centered digital products and services that attract loyal customers.
Rupert is the managing consultant of his own digital marketing business. A keen focus on the customer experience, he has built up a wide range of experience in User Experience and Information Architecture, SEO, web analytics and email marketing. Since 2015, Rupert has proven to deliver outstanding Lydian Stone’s workshops across the UK and has worked with the team as content editor.
Derm has more than twenty years experience in design, development and user experience roles and runs his own design agency. He enjoys bringing real life experience to training courses.
Have some questions for us? Take a look at some of those that we are most typically asked, along with our responses. We'd love to hear from you if there is anything else we can help with.
Will I receive any certification after completing the course?
A certificate as proof of your attendance on the course is available on request.
How can I pay?
We accept payment via Credit Card, Debit Card, BACS, Cheque or Invoice.
Will the same trainer be leading each class?
Yes, the same trainer will run each of the classes related to this online course.
When will I receive my log-in details?
You will receive full log-in details and clear step-by-step instructions to join the Online Learning course seven days prior to the first class.
Do I need to share my video during a class?
You will be able to see your trainer via a video stream, together with most other delegates joining you on the class. However, it is completely up to you as to whether you share your own video.
What equipment do I require?
A laptop with browsing capabilities; a webcam and microphone to participate in group exercises.
Tuesdays + Thursdays/ 11:00 IET - 13:30 IET
4 classes in total / 2 weeks of instructor-led learning
Buy with Confidence
7 day 'cooling-off' period on all purchases
SSL Encryption ensures your details are safe.
Trusted & Proven
"Excellent" by our 15,000+ customers.
Get the full course syllabus
Reasons to train with Lydian Stone
Up-to-date course syllabus
Our curriculum is created by a team of industry experts and kept constantly up-to- date in line with developments.
Our training faculty consists of first-rate digital experts, with first-hand experience working at the front-line.
A rich base of experience
Lydian Stone has trained over 15,000 business professionals, from large corporates to small businesses and start-ups.